- Career Development | Large Australian Business
- Circa $72,000 | Role Sits In A Group Accounting Function
- Financial, Management & Tax Accounting Exposure
Our client is a recognised Australian business that employs over 2000 people nationwide. They fall under the ownership of a listed multinational firm with revenues exceeding $10b. Possessing a track record of hiring junior accounting talent and growing their careers from within, an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join their group financial and statutory reporting team.
The role is primarily responsible for supporting the financial accounting team in managing the intercompany accounting process. Reporting into the Group Accounting Manager, your role will include and not be limited to:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly journals and general ledger reconciliations
- Ensuring the accurate recording and analysis of intercompany transactions
- Ensuring all intercompany invoicing is completed on time
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Responsible for various treasury related accounting administration tasks including exchange rate uploads and allocation of transactions
- Project work and ad hoc tasks as directed by your manager
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Possess 1-2 years experience working in an accounting position at a mid sized to large Australian business
- Have completed a Bachelor in Accounting and be pursing your CA/CPA
- Have previously worked in a customer focused position that will equip you with strong communication skills
- Have experience posting journals, completing reconciliations and be able to understand core accounting terminology
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Roshan Gill for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4380 or 0488 022 124.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.