- CBD location | Supportive culture
- Development opportunities | Progress your career
- Salary circa $60,000 – $65,000
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Accountant to join a leading mid-tier professional services firm. They boast a friendly, warm environment with a stable workforce. A key benefit of joining a mid-tier firm, is a smaller finance team and exposure to a wide wide range of responsibilities. As an Assistant Accountant, you will provide key support to the Finance Manager while working towards your CA/CPA qualification.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Month end accounting tasks to ensure the timely reporting of all financial information, aligning with internal controls and statutory requirements;
- General ledger and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate financial reports;
- Preparing BAS, PAYG instalments and FBT returns;
- Preparing year end financials as well as annual external audit preparation;
- Providing ad hoc support to the broader finance team
Please consider expressing interest in the position if you possess the following:
- CA/CPA part qualification
- Around 2 years experience in relevant roles
- A desire to learn and develop your accounting skills and progress your career
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a proactive and forward thinking mindset will ensure your success
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4377 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.