Commercial Analyst | Start Immediately | ASX Company | 12 month contract
- Start this week or next week
- ASX company | Group Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Partner with the business | Work in a high calibre team
- Highly likely to become a permanent position
- $90k to $120k
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated finance professional to join a large ASX listed company. It is a rare chance to work at the Group Head office while partnering with key executives to ensure the accurate delivery and understanding of key business results and drivers. The role will appeal to an ambitious Accountant who wants to be involved in commercial analysis.
The role will also provide you with the opportunity to be involved in M&A matters and the investor relations function.
As a key member of the financial planning and analysis function, you will be involved in understanding the commercial operations of the business. This will involve looking at the key drivers behind customer behaviour, revenue trends, cost analysis and preparation of key reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Use your accounting and commercial skills to participate in:
- The business planning process including budgeting, strategic planning and rolling forecasts;
- Preparation of key external presentations including investor briefing packs, the half-year and full-year results pack;
- Monthly reporting of key results for the senior executive team;
- Support for M&A activity including financial modelling, financial analysis and engagement with external advisors;
- Engagement and review of broker commentary for the Group;
- Development of best practice reports, dashboards and tools to provide meaningful insights on business performance; and
- Providing detailed guidance and analysis on costs.
As a high performing CA with the ability to understand the bigger commercial picture, this may be a great career opportunity for you. Most likely you will have the following qualities and skills:
- 2-5 years of experience;
- CA/CPA qualified or part qualified;
- A passion for developing strong analytical and commercial skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- High levels of initiative and a proactive and forward thinking attitude.
The next step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Matthew Cook for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5810 or 0410 445 230.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.