- Partner with operations | Standard costing environment
- Close knit team | Established manufacturer
- Western suburbs | Drive to work
Our client is a leading manufacturer with turnover circa $100M. They have an international presence and unique product mix and have been in operation for over 80 years. As part of their continued growth and innovation in Australia, they have created a new role for an experienced Cost Accountant.
Reporting to the CFO and partnering closely with key operational decision makers, the Cost Accountant is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining standard costing as well as accurately completing management and variance reporting. Examples of your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of appropriate standard costing processes;
- Reporting on variances such as direct material, labour and manufacturing overheads;
- Sales forecasting, inventory and order management;
- Working with department heads to prepare capital expenditure requests;
- Periodic review of costs while maintaining knowledge of FX and market movements;
- Business partnering with operations, creating procedures to be followed;
- Monthly management reports;
- Participating in the quarterly and annual budgeting process.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- CA/CPA full or part qualification;
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in the manufacturing industry in a standard costing environment;
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills and experience using an integrated ERP system such as AX Dynamics, SAP or similar;
- The ability to work successfully with cross functional teams;
- A very high regard for standards and quality of work performed.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5812 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.