Our client is an established three partner law firm. Offering a range of services across financial, property and corporate law, they pride themselves on their excellent reputation and proud history of success. Located in heart of Melbourne’s CBD with beautiful modern offices and a stunning view of Melbourne, a rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance professional to join them. In this environment, you will be valued for your contribution and will have the ability to make a real impact in a growing firm.
As Finance Manager you will take full responsibility for all financial and management reporting. In addition, you will oversee IT, HR and Client Services. Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all day-to-day accounting activities including payables, receivables, banking and transfers;
- Reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Managing all statutory and taxation requirements;
- Developing KPI’s and budgets, monitoring performance against budget;
- Overseeing credit management policies and assisting administration staff with debtors control;
- Board reporting, programming meetings and executing board decisions;
- Working with the Principals to drive business growth and strategy;
- Managing all HR matters such as recruitment, remuneration reviews, ensuring memberships and CPDs are up to date;
- Managing the relationship with the firm’s outsourced IT department;
- Ad hoc tasks and project management to assist with the growth and development of the firm.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- CA or CPA qualification;
- Demonstrated experience in a similarly broad role, ideally in a law firm or professional services firm;
- Proven ability to partner closely with senior management to add value in terms of business strategy, profitability and efficiency;
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills;
- A very thorough, meticulous approach
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5812 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.