- Salary circa $100,000 package | Inner CBD location
- Innovative business | Entrepreneurial group | Strong team culture
- Opportunity to lead a small finance function and grow your career
Our client is a top hospitality and events company located on the fringe of Melbourne’s CBD – easily accessible via public transport. An exciting period of continued growth has resulted in them going to market for a sharp, hard-working Finance Manager to lead the function. The role has many included benefits and boasts a supportive team culture. This is a rare opportunity for someone wanting a broad, challenging and exciting position in a fast-paced and fun working environment.
Reporting to the Director’s of the business, you will play a critical role in leading the finance department. Your core responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the maintenance of the General Ledger, producing monthly management accounts and detailed analysis to the directors
- Completing and submitting annual payroll tax and payments within required regulatory time frames
- Completing the annual budget and periodic forecasts within the required group time frame
- Being the primary contact with the company’s external accountant, facilitating quarterly review and preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Preparing the 3 way forecasts and provision to the bank
- Consistently reviewing and amending reporting processes, ensuring accurate and timely information is delivered to key stakeholders
- Managing a small team of accountants
- Working closely with the directors and broader business to improve processes, add value, and drive business performance
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- At least 5 years’ previous experience working as an autonomous accountant within a medium sized business
- CPA/CA qualification
- Undergraduate degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to motivate a team of peers with ideas to achieve a common goal
- An eagerness to work in a fast-paced, at times crazy, dynamic hospitality group
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call James Morrison for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4381 or 0488 013 448.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.