- South-eastern suburbs with parking on site | Salary circa $120k package
- Critical leadership role in one of Australia’s most renowned retailers
- Career progression and development, will suit a blue-chip, motivated accountant
Our client is a large, growing and nationally renowned Australian retailer. With their continued successes nationally and internationally, they are looking to employ a Finance Manager to oversee a small team of operational accountants and manage the group financial reporting function. This presents an outstanding opportunity for a career orientated accountant who has leadership experience working within an ASX or large retail business environment who is aspiring to take the next step in their career. Our client will also consider applicants who are at a Manager level in a big 4 or mid-tier chartered firm.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be in a key hands-on leadership role setting the direction of the financial accounting function for the group. You will also work closely with the Group CFO, FC and broader finance function to provide commercial, value adding management reporting insights. Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support, mentor and manage the financial accounting team;
- Taking responsibility for the integrity of the information contained in balance sheets and profit and loss statements for the group;
- Preparation and reconciliation of group statutory accounts;
- Completion of monthly variance analysis, cash flow forecasting and budgeting; and
- Assisting with the treasury and tax functions for the group.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- You will be a CA or CPA with 6-8 years experience working within an ASX environment;
- It is possible you will be presently working as a Manager in a big 4 or mid-tier chartered firm;
- You will have gained similar financial and statutory reporting experience within an ASX company, or a large renowned retail business; and
- You will be a strong communicator and have proven experience leading high performing teams.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Maxime Moffroid for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4378 or 0429 927 270.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.