- Financial Controller – $140,000 – $170,000 | Property Development
- Join a team that shapes the future living in Melbourne
- Use your CA skills and work in a broad commercially focused position
Our client is a successful privately owned property development company. Founded in the mid 2000’s, they have successfully executed a range of large scale residential projects nationally, while they continue to diversify their business model into other industry segments. They have a reputation for excellence and create some of the most stunning architectural residences in Australia.
Reporting directly to the MD, you will head up the accounting and finance function for the group. Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and delivering the financial reports, including month end, half Year and year end financial statements
- Overseeing a mid sized accounting team
- Preparing and managing all compliance reporting requirements
- Managing and driving tax planning and reporting including income tax, FBT, BAS, payroll tax
- Liaising with the external accounting advisors
- Participating in the annual business planning process
- Preparing the annual budgeting process, including preparing templates for business input
- Providing commercial finance support to ensure correct decisions are made by the business
- Providing analysis of key variances including revenue, margins, expenses and overheads compared to budget
- Effecting process improvement through advocating best practice financial and administrative methodologies
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess one of the following:
- Highly regarded but not essential will be prior experience working in a senior finance position within a mid tier property or construction business
- You began your career in a top tier or mid tier chartered firm, possible with a client base which included successful private client groups
- A passion to move into a key leadership position in an entrepreneurial business
- High levels of initiative and a proactive and forward thinking attitude
- An interest in property, construction, architecture and design
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4375 or 0408 925 700.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.