- Part time | 25 hours per week | $130-140k
- Flexible working environment | Central location
- Retail sector | Global distributor
Our client is a growing Australian retailer who place a strong focus on ethical manufacturing with distribution both nation wide and internationally. They have a collaborative and close knit team and their culture makes this a very enjoyable place to work. Working alongside senior executives in the team, this role is based in an ideal location accessible by public transport just east of Melbourne’s CBD. The position will require you to work 25 hours per week with flexibility on offer to suit your other commitments.
This is a hands on role. The successful applicant will be comfortable taking on a broad range of responsibilities at all levels. Reporting to the General Manager, your duties will include the following:
- Analysing key financial information and presenting accurate and timely results to stakeholders;
- Supervising the month and year end process;
- Overseeing the AP & AR functions autonomously
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of accounting systems and reconciliations;
- Preparing quarterly board reports and annual financial statements;
- Managing FX exposure using hedging techniques;
- Liaising with the group finance team for tax requirements;
- Cash-flow monitoring and forecasting whilst working with management to prepare the annual budget and;
- Creating and implementing finance policies and procedures and identifying opportunities for process and control improvements.
Use your strong finance skills and a CA/CPA qualification to lead this finance function. Most likely you will have the following:
- A proven background in a mid sized business as a Finance Manager;
- 5+ years experience within a similar role;
- The desire to grow your career within a growing retail business;
- High levels of initiative and a forward thinking attitude;
- Strong analytical and commercial skills, exposure to the retail industry will be highly regarded and;
- Experience dealing with international suppliers.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5811.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.