- Leading NFP in the heart of the CBD | Salary circa $135k package
- Blue-chip accounting function | Key emphasis on process improvement
- Work across the business to oversee operations and drive strategy
Our client is an acclaimed not-for-profit specialising in cutting-end research. At the forefront of the industry, both nationally and internationally, they have been responsible for some of the worlds most advanced scientific breakthroughs. The role will appeal a demonstrated people leader with an appreciation for the not-for-profit sector, and a change manager who can improve processes and drive business performance.
Overseeing a team of 3, you will oversee the overall review and management of the day-to-day budgeting and financials. The organisation is wholly funded by federal and state grants, donations and fundraising. A key aspect of this role will be to efficiently distribute, manage and track all funds delivered to the respective research divisions. Reporting into the Group FC, further responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing, implementing, executing and improving monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting, delivery of financial analysis, balance sheet management, grant financing, strategic plans etc.
- Managing and motivating a high performing team of 3
- Driving process improvements, including efficiencies in reporting, planning and forecasting to deliver further value to both internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing and implementing policy improvements and other value add results for the organisation
In addition to being CA/CPA qualified, you need demonstrated leadership experience, whether in chartered or in industry. I am looking for a strong commercially minded candidate with demonstrated business partnering skills through examples and relevant achievements. Experience working in the public or not-for-profit sector will be advantageous. Further, you will have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to create and foster collaborative and productive relationships.
The Next Step
If you have further questions about the client, the role or remuneration, or would like a copy of the position description, please contact Maxime Moffroid on 03 8658 5814 or 0429 927 270. Alternatively, please apply with your resume.Job Title: Finance Manager & Controller