- Industry of Choice | $110k package
- CBD location | Build a technical accounting skill-set
- Direct Report to the FC
Our client is a known, listed ASX company with a Melbourne based head office. This is a great role if you are wanting to work for a business that is operating within an interesting industry segment that is growing and progressive. They are a true Australian organisation who are exploring the prospects of expanding into overseas markets which will present opportunities for their employees. With an established accounting team, they are continuing to invest in bright technical accountants to progress their corporatisation.
You will be a key member of the finance team and you will sit alongside the financial and management accounting functions and report directly into the Group Financial Controller.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of statutory financial reports while ensuring compliance with relevant external reporting obligations
- Facilitation of the businesses external auditing process and being the key contact to filter information through the broader functions of the group
- Preparation of work papers to support accounting entries including but not limited to impairment review and share based payments
- Management of the groups taxation affairs and ensuring compliance with the groups risk management strategy
- Ensuring compliance with the groups financial reporting standards, regulations and best practices for financial decision making
- Preparing all working papers for both direct and indirect tax for lodgement with external advisers
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- You are a CA with 5-7 years experience and you are looking to make your first move to a well run ASX. Most likely, you will have had private clients, business services or tax related experience
- You will have been involved working at businesses with turnovers exceeding $80m
- You will be energetic, highly motivated and eager on being trained in a large Melbourne organisation
- You will be happy to work in a progressive role that combines a focus on Tax, Financial Reporting, and Projects
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5811.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.