- $90,000 – $100,000 package | Industry leading culture
- CBD location | Employer of choice | Australian success story
- Unrivalled development and growth opportunities | Global presence
Our client is a top-tier, leading international law firm with a strong history in Australia. Considered a true market leader, they are widely recognised for continually achieving outstanding results for their clients. Due to changes in leadership and an emphasis on innovation, the firm has expanded and grown exponentially in the last five years. The firm is very much at the forefront of their industry in promoting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. This is a fantastic opportunity for a CA in public practice looking to make their first move out into industry and take on a broad, challenging and rewarding accounting role, critical to the firms success.
Reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller, you will oversee one junior member of staff. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and lodgement of the firm’s income tax returns, FBT returns and BAS;
- Advising the firm on salary packaging options;
- Providing partners with information on the taxation consequences of the business and financial activities;
- Preparation of statements for partners and beneficiaries outlining their taxation positions;
- Preparation of partner and beneficiary profit allocations and distributions;
- Accurately maintaining partner and beneficiary accounts; and
- Co-ordinating the preparation of partner current and capital account statements and related financial information for audit.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Between 2 to 5 years’ experience working in a chartered accounting firm. We will consider people who have worked in business services, enterprise, private clients, tax and/or audit.
- The ambition to continuously develop your skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to partner effectively with senior management within a business
- Direct or indirect leadership experience
- An interest in the professional services sector
The next step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Maxime Moffroid for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5814 or 0429 927 270.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.