- Top ASX offering career development
- $110k package | CBD Location
- Position hired to be a succession into a leadership position
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated CA finance professional to join a large ASX listed company. It is a rare chance to work at the Group Head office while partnering with key executives to ensure the accurate delivery and understanding of key business results and drivers. The role will appeal to an ambitious Chartered Accountant who wants to be involved in commercial analysis rather than being part of the standard accounting team involved in monthly reporting. The role will also provide you with the opportunity to be involved in M&A matters and the investor relations function.
As a key member of the financial planning and analysis function, you will be involved in understanding the commercial operations of the business. This will involve looking at the key drivers behind customer behaviour, revenue trends, cost analysis and preparation of key reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Use your accounting and commercial skills to participate in:
- Monthly financial and management reporting
- The business planning process including budgeting, strategic planning and rolling forecasts;
- Preparation of key external presentations including investor briefing packs, the half-year and full-year results pack;
- Monthly reporting of key results for the senior executive team;
- Support for M&A activity including financial modelling, financial analysis and engagement with external advisors;
- Visible engagement with key executives including the CFO, CEO and Divisional General Managers;
- Engagement and review of broker commentary for the Group;
- Development of best practice reports, dashboards and tools to provide meaningful insights on business performance;
- Providing detailed guidance and analysis on costs; and
- Participation in projects including continuous improvement initiatives.
As a high performing CA with the ability to understand the bigger commercial picture, this may be a great career opportunity for you. Most likely you will have the following qualities and skills:
- 4-6 years of experience;
- CA qualified;
- Well developed skills from working in a chartered firm;
- Possibly looking to make the first move out of audit or transaction services into industry, or alternatively you may have 1-2 years experience in industry already;
- A passion for developing strong analytical and commercial skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- High levels of initiative and a proactive and forward thinking attitude
The next step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sarah McKenna for a confidential discussion on 0417 257 628.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.Job Title: Management Accounting & Budgeting