Our client is a globally recognised retailer who are a clear market leader in Australia. This organisation has experienced significant year or year growth over a sustained period in the Australian market. This is a result of executing an innovative marketing strategy, making sensible investments and having a customer first approach which reflects the collegiate corporate culture offered to their staff.
Should you be an experienced executive payroll leader open to discussing what this unique opportunity could provide to your career, I recommend you enquire further.
The Group Payroll Manager has accountability for managing all aspects of the national payroll function. This responsibility encompasses overseeing timely and accurate payroll payments, data entry, reconciliations, payroll reporting, enquiry management and workers compensation activities. Additionally, the position will hold accountability for driving a range of process improvement initiatives with the ambition to standardise the end to end process, mitigate risks and support the transition to a new payroll operating model. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the national payroll function within agreed budget, monitoring & reporting payroll spend and maintaining strong reporting system
- Effectively leading a payroll team of 10 staff in a fast paced, growing retail environment
- Establishing process improvements across core payroll functions including customer service, processing & reconciliations, risk, systems, and stakeholder engagement with both internal and external customers
- Being the subject matter expert for all payroll related matters including tax, workers compensation, superannuation, and remuneration obligations
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- You are an experienced group or national payroll manager who has successfully lead a team through change in a large, complex payroll environment in-excess of 6000 employees
- You have a strong and current knowledge of relevant legislative awards, ideally across retail and vehicles. Should you not, a broader complex award knowledge is required
- Experienced managing relationships with external system vendors
- System experience working with SAP, Kronos and/or ADP will be viewed favourably
- You will have a current knowledge or legislative taxation, superannuation, and workers compensation requirements
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5811.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.