- Ideal first step out for a CA in business services/ private clients
- Successful and growing business | Cohesive and energetic team
- Salary circa $85k package | St Kilda Rd location, accessible by public transport
Our client is a successful privately-owned property group, focusing on establishing and operating commercial syndicates on behalf of investors. Founded over 20 years ago, the business has tripled in size in the past decade and is continuing to rapidly expand, incorporating a mix of investors. This exceptional performance has resulted in the opportunity for motivated Management Accountant to join a fast-paced, stimulating team.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will be assisting with all accounting and finance functions for the group whilst improving internal and external connections within the business. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and delivering financial reports, including month end, half year and year end statements;
- Completing monthly management accounts and analysis;
- Assisting the Financial Controller in cashflow forecasting and preparing yearly budgets;
- Preparing Quarterly BAS and Annual GST returns for review by the Financial Controller;
- Ensuring cash reserves are maintained to cover loan payments whilst maximising interest returns on surplus cash;
- Preparing finance tender documents, and updating weekly cash balance reports;
- Providing analysis of key variances including revenue, margins, expenses and overheads compared to budget; and
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing and analysing cash flow forecasts, enabling accurate payments to shareholders.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Prior experience working in a similar accounting capacity within a mid-tier property or construction business; OR
- A career beginning with a top tier or mid-tier chartered firm, possibly with a client base which included successful private client groups;
- Accounting qualifications and 2-4 years of relevant experience;
- A passion to move into a key leadership position in an entrepreneurial business;
- High levels of initiative and a proactive and forward-thinking attitude; and
- An interest in property, construction, architecture and design.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4375 or 0408 925 700.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.