Take the next step in your payroll career with this exciting opportunity. Due to a recent restructure an opportunity has become available to manage one of Melbourne’s larger payrolls. Our client is seeking a dynamic individual with strong leadership and project management experience.
As Payroll Manager you will have accountability for managing all aspects of the national payroll function, including managing a team of 10 staff and 8000 employees and driving key process improvement initiatives. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing the weekly and monthly national payroll process within agreed timeframes;
- Monitoring & reporting payroll spend and maintaining strong reporting systems;
- Managing all statutory requirements such as Superannuation, Payroll Tax, PAYG and Workers Compensation;
- Establishing strong relationships with operations managers, working collaboratively on new starters and terminations and ensuring all queries are responded to in a timely manner;
- Setting standards for SLA’s and holding staff accountable for their performance;
- Leading and managing day-to-day coaching as well as the annual performance cycle;
- Leading key projects including a T&A implementation while acting as a conduit between the external consultants and the business;
- Executing strategic opportunities to eliminate manual tasks and activities, ensuring a continuous improvement approach.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Experience as a payroll manager overseeing an employee base of a similar size;
- Project management experience, particularly around systems implementations and upgrades;
- Superior knowledge of payroll best-practice and current legislative requirements;
- A desire to lead a team through a period of change and growth.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5812 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.