Our client is a growing local retailer. They have a national presence and have achieved impressive growth while retaining their core values and remaining a great place to work. On offer is a fantastic part-time, end to end Payroll Officer role. This position is supported by a strong team and you will have back-up for when you take leave and holidays. Hours of work are flexible and will equate to around 20 hours of work per week, across 3 days.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your primary responsibility will be to oversee and run the fortnightly payroll for all employees. You will be supported by a payroll assistant who will look after the processing so you can use your expertise to drive efficiency and focus on more complex payroll matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the end to end payroll function;
- Award interpretation;
- Ensuring completion of all payroll compliance including PAYG, Superannuation, Workcover, and Payroll Tax;
- General ledger postings;
- Creating reports required by internal and external stakeholders;
- Driving efficiency and process improvement;
- Acting as the subject matter expert for the Payroll and T&A system
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience running an end to end, stand alone payroll;
- Strong understanding of award interpretation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience using Wage Easy or Time Target is advantageous but not essential
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5812 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.