- Salary circa $100k | Lead the finance function | Drive commercial success
- Derrimut location from March 2018 | Newly created role
- A rapidly growing and evolving construction group revolutionizing the industry
Our client is a start-up, representing the next evolution in the construction industry. Establishing themselves 3 years ago, the last 12- 18 months has been all about growth. With a unique technology offering, they are primed to continue this growing trajectory path both locally and nationally. This is a newly created role that will see the successful candidate oversee the finance function for the group.
This is a rare opportunity for someone wanting a broad, challenging and exciting position in a fast-paced and fun working environment.
Reporting to the CFO of the group, you will play a critical role in leading the finance department. Your core responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the maintenance of the General Ledger, producing monthly management accounts and detailed analysis to the directors/ CFO
- Completing the annual budget and periodic forecasts within the required group time frame
- Being the primary contact with the company’s external accountant, facilitating quarterly review and preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Preparing the 3 way forecasts and provision to the bank
- Managing a small team, who oversee all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, inventory accounting, cost accounting and cash flow management
- Consistently reviewing and amending reporting processes, ensuring accurate and timely information is delivered to key stakeholders
- Working closely with the CFO, directors and broader business to improve processes, add value, and drive business performance
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- At least 5 years’ previous experience working as an autonomous senior accountant within a medium sized business, preferably in the construction industry
- CPA/CA qualification
- Ability to motivate a team of peers with ideas to achieve a common goal
- An eagerness to work in a fast-paced, at times crazy, dynamic construction group
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Maxime Moffroid for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4378 or 0429 927 270.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.