- Evolving role | L&D focus
- Report into a high calibre CFO | Newly created role
- Well know organisation | Blue chip accounting team
Our client is a recognised Melbourne organisation that is led by some of the brightest and sharpest business leaders in Australia. This privately owned group is known to attract high calibre talent in the Australian market due to the progressive growth they have experienced and the collegiate working environment offered to their staff.
Reporting into the CFO, this role will see you establish and maintain the accounting function for a new company asset. This autonomous position will be broad and it will require a confident individual who can liaise with key executive stakeholders within and external to the organisation. Specifically, your responsibilities will include and not be limited too;
- Setting up accounting records and processors
- The calculation of monthly and quarterly BAS returns
- Preparation of the financial pack for monthly board reporting
- Preparation of budgets, analysis and 12 month forecasts
- Monthly and annual taxation compliance – BAS’s, PAYG instalments, FBT returns and Income Tax Returns
- Quarterly treasury functions – Debt payments & compliance reporting
- Consolidated financial accounts to be prepared semi annually
- Supporting the annual auditing process
- Ad-hoc tasks directed by your manager
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Have over 6+ years experience working as an accountant
- Are CA qualified. If you have worked within a business services or private client role it will be viewed favourablySenior Financial Accountant | CA | $110 – $130k
- Are wanting to work in a highly professional environment and you are keen to learn
- You can take direction and work your way through issues autonomously while being confident discussing financial results with senior stakeholders
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5811.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.