- City fringe location | Short walk from station
- Well known retailer | Great culture and benefits
- Autonomous role in supportive finance team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced payroll professional to join this national retailer. Based on Melbourne’s city fringe right near the train station, you will be part of a supportive finance team, in a company that supports a balanced lifestyle. With a great family friendly culture, you will enjoy coming to work everyday.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will run the end-to-end payroll for head office and retail staff nationally. Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Processing fortnightly payroll including starters, leavers and adjustments;
- Calculating and maintaining leave balances;
- Completing legislative requirements including PAYG, Superannuation and WorkCover;
- Interpreting and applying awards and contracts;
- Preparing detailed payroll records, reports and documents for Finance and Operations;
- Completing month-end processes;
- Supporting the Finance Manager with ad-hoc tasks such as reporting and general ledger entries.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- End to end payroll experience, preferably in a stand-alone role;
- Strong exposure to payroll systems and intermediate MS Excel skills;
- A flexible approach and willingness to help out with other finance-related tasks as required;
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to offering excellent customer service
This is a wonderful, long term opportunity for a payroll professional who likes to work autonomously and has been looking for a role they can make their own.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Sophie Penno-Charles for a confidential discussion on 03 8594 4377 or 0455 916 035.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.