- Report into the Financial Controller | $110,000 package
- Join an entrepreneurial global group | Progress your career
- CBD location | Newly created position
Your role will be to support this entrepreneurial privately owned business who have global revenues exceeding US $500m. Specifically, they have a presence throughout Australia, the US, Asia, parts of Europe and they have a Melbourne based head office. This is a great role if you are wanting to work for a business that is operating within a broad range of industry segments that is growing and progressive. With an established accounting team, they are continuing to invest by hiring top talent. As such, they are looking to employ a high achieving CA from the profession to act as a subject matter expert for the groups tax and technical accounting matters locally and globally.
You will be a key member of the finance team and you will sit alongside the financial and management accounting functions and report directly into the Financial Controller.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for managing all direct and indirect tax compliance activities for the group.
- Acting as a key point of contact for external tax advisers
- Providing leadership and guidance for offshore finance teams in relation to tax and technical accounting matters
- Reviewing financial statements prepared by internal finance teams and external advisors
- Facilitation of the businesses external auditing process and being the key contact to filter information through the broader functions of the group
- Ensuring compliance with the groups risk management strategy
- Ensuring compliance with the groups financial reporting standards, regulations and best practices for financial decision making
- Assisting with the group tax strategy to ensure identification of tax risks and development of technical position papers where required
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- You are a CA with 4-7 years experience and you are looking to make your first move to an entrepreneurial group. Most likely, you will have had private clients, business services or specialist tax experience
- You will be energetic, highly motivated and eager on being trained in a large Melbourne organisation
- You will be happy to work in a progressive role that combines a focus on Tax, Financial Reporting, and Projects.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Alexander Thompson for a confidential discussion on 03 8658 5811
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.